Definition of potassium in English:
The chemical element of atomic number 19, a soft silvery-white reactive metal of the alkali-metal group. (Symbol: K)
- For example, lithium, sodium, and potassium comprised a triad of soft, highly reactive metals.
- The plants are sustained by water, enriched with calcium, potassium, nitrogen and other fertilisers.
- Its high potassium, phosphorus and calcium help maintain high energy levels.
potassic adjective ( Mineralogy )
- Example sentences
- The Lake George center, for instance, had three emplacements, one potassic, another sodic, and yet another with a mixed composition.
- A scintillometer could make a radiometric survey at the same time which would distinguish potassic from sodic granites.
- Most recent studies of potassic magma generation ascribe such characteristics to metasomatized portions of the subcontinental lithosphere.
Definition of potassium in:
- US English dictionary