noun (plural practicalities)
- 1 [mass noun] The quality or state of being practical: there are still major doubts about the practicality of the proposalMore example sentences
- And they did speak, asking for more quality, more utility and more practicality.
- The value and practicality of disinfecting methods in the video were also questioned.
- Lace-up boots became even more popular, valued now for their practicality.
- 2 (practicalities) The aspects of a situation that involve the actual doing or experience of something rather than theories or ideas: the practicalities of living at seaMore example sentences
- There are principles and practicalities involved, as well as a need for pastoral wisdom.
- In short, students get a hands-on experience of the practicalities that they will have to deal with after they graduate.
- These pluralistic relations must be based on practicalities rather than sentiments.