- A stick decorated with feathers, used by various American Indian peoples in their religious ceremonies.More example sentences
- In a clearing, Maori warriors are chanting around a niu or prayer stick.
- Also when we look at the chants, we use prayer stick, drum and cistra and also there is liturgical dance.
- Every village and town has a procession of priests resplendent in their robes and carrying prayer sticks (to lean on during the inordinately lengthy services), crosses and ornate velvet tasselled umbrellas to shield them from the sun.
More definitions of prayer stickDefinition of prayer stick in:
- The US English dictionary