- Relating to a time before Christ or the advent of Christianity: the pre-Christian worldMore example sentences
- Chapter 3, on pre-Christian Egyptian monasticism, along with a paragraph on Sufi mysticism, is too sketchy and vague to be of much help.
- Some scholars believe it is possible to trace the region's devotion to the Virgin Mary to the mother goddesses of pre-Christian religions.
- Their pre-Christian religion could be described as animism - the belief that everything is alive with natural or supernatural spirits.
More definitions of pre-ChristianDefinition of pre-Christian in:
- The US English dictionary