- A gland at the base of a bird’s tail, which produces the oil used in preening.More example sentences
- However, perhaps the plumage of birds with preen glands is more resilient to abrasion from preening.
- Our results provide the first rigorous evidence that the preen gland is important for plumage condition in birds other than waterfowl.
- More work is needed on the function and distribution of preen glands in Rock Doves and across other species of birds.
More definitions of preen glandDefinition of preen gland in:
- The US English dictionary