Definition of premarital in English:
Occurring or existing before marriage: premarital sex
More example sentences
- This book attempts to capture the paradoxes of marriage and to enhance premarital and remarital counseling.
- Those who seek to justify premarital sex find it difficult to explain what marriage means, and what difference it makes to marry.
- Sexual activity outside the marriage and premarital pregnancy rates were on the rise as well.
- Example sentences
- A 2004 study by psychologist Scott Stanley, based on a national phone survey of nearly 1,000 people, found that men who had lived with their spouse premaritally were on average less committed to their marriages than those who hadn't.
- In the early 1960s, 60 percent of all premaritally pregnant women under 30 married before the birth of their child.
Definition of premarital in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan