- Any of a complex of symptoms (including emotional tension and fluid retention) experienced by some women in the days immediately before menstruation.More example sentences
- The week or so before the menstrual period is often characterized by symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- The main outcome measure was a reduction in overall symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- The range of physical and mental symptoms called premenstrual syndrome can affect women two to 14 days before menstruation begins.
More definitions of premenstrual syndromeDefinition of premenstrual syndrome in:
- The US English dictionary