- A substance which represents an intermediate stage in polymerization, and can be usefully manipulated before polymerization is completed: the prepolymer forms a polymerized gel when activatedMore example sentences
- Siloxanes are prepolymers - the result of partial polymerization of silanes - in which the molecules are beginning to link, but only in sets of two or three, not yet in full chains.
- Some researchers believe that prepolymers achieve better results.
- Artificial clays containing a catalyst can initiate polymerization when the particles are mixed with a prepolymer matrix.
More definitions of prepolymerDefinition of prepolymer in:
- The US English dictionary