(also preppie) informal , chiefly US
Definition of preppy in English:
noun (plural preppies)
A pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, or a person resembling such a pupil in dress or appearance.
- That's an expensive private school for preppies, right?
- I'm guessing that you don't know anyone yet, and the preppies won't be befriending you anytime soon, so why don't you sit at my table at lunch.
- Timothy always seemed like the kind of guy who would go for the preppies.
adjective (preppier, preppiest)Back to top
Of or typical of a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their neat style of dress: the preppy look
More example sentences
- He looked much like my friends with the preppy style.
- It runs like an upmarket American holiday camp, with a 100% preppy house-party atmosphere.
- Even though I had enjoyed high school, in the eyes of my white, rich, preppy peers, I was as an outcast.
Words that rhyme with preppyGiuseppe, peppy
Definition of preppy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.