- Producing an increase in blood pressure by stimulating constriction of the blood vessels: a pressor responseMore example sentences
- Vascular pressor responses to hypoxia are increased in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
- In an animal model of hepatopulmonary syndrome, NO-dependent increases in HO - 1 expression appeared to contribute to the blunted hypoxic pressor response seen in this condition.
- Teramoto et al raise the interesting point that an increase in nitric oxide is responsible for a poor or absent hypoxic pressor response as a cause of hypoxemia.
More definitions of pressorDefinition of pressor in:
- The US English dictionary