Definition of previous in English:
1 [attributive] Existing or occurring before in time or order: she looked tired after her exertions of the previous evening the boat’s previous owner
More example sentences
- It follows a previous interim order which was made out for two months in April.
- The starting grids are based on a reversal of the finishing order of the previous race.
- It is the point of order I referred to during your ruling on the previous point of order.
noun[mass noun] British informal Back to top
- Before: the month previous to publicationMore example sentences
- The economic reality was that previous to that case, quite extended families had been living on these properties for a pittance.
- ‘None of these 57 sites had any record of toxicity previous to 1988,’ he said.
- On the pre-recorded show on Sunday night last, Christopher was picked previous to the show to be the member from the audience to perform just before the end.
Words that rhyme with previousdevious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.