1A person whose job or business is commercial printing.
- Their success brought so much business to the printers that they were unable to cope with the demand.
- Mr Marshall told the court he was a commercial printer for 30 years before he retired.
- When the printer is not the artist, prints that are allocated to the printers are called printers ' proofs.
1.1A machine for printing text or pictures, especially one linked to a computer.
- So no matter what kind of memory card you use, you can bypass the camera's cables and use your printer as your link to the computer.
- I had set up a computer and a printer for him, and got his secretary working on the computer.
- The package included a high spec computer with modem, printer, scanner and software.
Words that rhyme with printerJacinta, midwinter, Minter, Pinta, Pinter, splinter, sprinter, tinter, winter
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: print¦er
Definition of printer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.