Definition of private practice in English:
1The work of a professional practitioner such as a doctor or lawyer who is self-employed.
- Some lawyers who have left private practice point to the billable hour as a central motivation for their departure.
- Of course the choice for any lawyer isn't just a straight one between private practice and legal aid.
- In addition, professionals in private practice often report feeling isolated from colleagues.
1.1British Medical practice that is not part of the National Health Service.
- An investigation by the Audit Commission has supported several concerns expressed by a consultant surgeon about private practice at a hospital in south Wales.
- Increasingly, young medical graduates shun hospital and turn to private practice instead.
- He left the government medical service in 1972 to found a much respected private practice.
Definition of private practice in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan