- A tendency to be concerned with ideas or issues only in so far as they affect one as an individual.More example sentences
- The communal life embodied in the vine and the branches image presents a strong challenge to contemporary Western models of individual autonomy and privatism.
- Neoliberalism with its emphasis on market forces narrows the legitimacy of the public sphere by redefining it around the related issues of privatism, consumption, and safety.
- Until now, few scholars have specified the role of the ideology of privatism in determining the programmatic shape and local implementation of urban renewal or have examined the impact of the program on metropolitan development.
More definitions of privatismDefinition of privatism in:
- The US English dictionary