Definition of prizewinner in English:
A winner of a prize.
- The money was used for the prizewinners in the Champion of Champs category for large stock - male and female.
- Although they did not win medals this year, leading Irish designers have been regular prizewinners at Chelsea.
- Lists of prizewinners are posted around the hospital.
- Example sentences
- The prize-winning butcher has been selling handmade bangers and high quality cuts of meat in Cricklade for the past 21 years.
- But he's no TV or movie celebrity - he's a prize-winning Hereford bull.
- Newsquest publishes more than 300 titles, including 15 daily newspapers and a network of prize-winning web sites.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan