Definition of pro-life in English:
Opposing abortion and euthanasia: she is a pro-life activist
More example sentences
- During the 1980s a militant wing of the pro-life movement had attempted to close clinics by direct action.
- If pro-life activists get their way and abortion is once again made illegal, my life along with many others could be ruined.
- Their opposition to a pro-life referendum in the Republic displays this.
- Example sentences
- He alarmed pro-choice activists by stating that the Democratic Party needed to be more ‘inclusive’ of pro-lifers.
- While the pro-choice movement has strongly opposed the Bush administration, pro-lifers are somewhat divided over the degree of support they are likely to receive from the president.
- The big question is whether Bush, a pro-lifer himself, is secure enough with social conservatives to take this risk.
Words that rhyme with pro-lifefife, Fyfe, knife, life, rife, still-life, strife, wife
Definition of pro-life in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan