Definition of probationer in English:
1A person who is serving a probationary or trial period in a job or position to which they are newly appointed.
- Training thrust and needs for Indian Forest Service probationers and performance evaluation of officers at field level was also discussed.
- I am just going to look at Denise, but I am going to say, yes, first of all, we do accept part-time probationers; I am positive of that.
- The authority had agreed to take part in the Scottish Executive's scheme to guarantee each new trainee teacher a probationer place at a school in Scotland.
2An offender on probation.
- The Department of Corrections uses ‘active’ GPS for about 400 probationers, mostly sex offenders and people who've committed violent crimes.
- Wisconsin upheld a regulation that allowed probation officers to search probationers based on ‘reasonable grounds’ to believe contraband is present.
- The results suggest that probation officers frequently refer probationers to treatment without coercion.
Words that rhyme with probationerstationer, vacationer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.