Definition of probationer in English:
1A person who is serving a probationary or trial period in a job or position to which they are newly appointed.
- Training thrust and needs for Indian Forest Service probationers and performance evaluation of officers at field level was also discussed.
- I am just going to look at Denise, but I am going to say, yes, first of all, we do accept part-time probationers; I am positive of that.
- The authority had agreed to take part in the Scottish Executive's scheme to guarantee each new trainee teacher a probationer place at a school in Scotland.
2An offender on probation.
- The Department of Corrections uses ‘active’ GPS for about 400 probationers, mostly sex offenders and people who've committed violent crimes.
- Wisconsin upheld a regulation that allowed probation officers to search probationers based on ‘reasonable grounds’ to believe contraband is present.
- The results suggest that probation officers frequently refer probationers to treatment without coercion.