- A unit of probability based on deviation from the mean of a standard distribution.More example sentences
- They estimated the parameters of the model using a generalized linear model with a binomial error distribution and a probit link function.
- This distribution forms the base for the probit model, which is the model is used here.
- For example, cumulative per cent germination is probit transformed and then paired with the temperature-time at which the probit was observed.
1930s: from prob(ability un)it.
More definitions of probitDefinition of probit in:
- The US English dictionary