- A statement issued by a company advising the stock market that profits will be lower than expected.More example sentences
- Global financial services giant, the US-based American Express issued a profit warning.
- Gucci has complained of a post-terrorism slump, ditto Mulberry, which now attributes a recent profits warning to the same cause.
- He was fined £15,000 for selling 70,000 shares ahead of a profit warning.
More definitions of profit warningDefinition of profit warning in:
- The US English dictionary