noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hormone released from the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates milk production after childbirth.More example sentences
- Hormone assays for serum estrogen, progesterone, prolactin, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and testosterone were performed.
- The body starts to release a hormone called prolactin, which stimulates the body to produce breast milk.
- There, hormones called prolactin and oxytocin are released into the bloodstream.
More definitions of prolactinDefinition of prolactin in:
- The US English dictionary