Definition of propagator in English:
1A covered, typically heated container filled with earth or compost, used for germinating or raising seedlings.
- I once lost a year's crop of tender seedlings inside propagators sitting on top of a paraffin heater inside a greenhouse which had been lined with extra insulation.
- Put the pots in a propagator or cover with polythene and keep on a cool windowsill out of direct sun.
- The seeds were in a row 40 mm from the base end of a sloping box held in racks contained in a plastic propagator.
2A person who spreads and promotes an idea, theory, etc.
- He has never stood out as a propagator of ideas, nor did he excel in the art of debate.
- Such a caste system is precisely the condition that existed in England during the colonial period and from which propagators of official American ideology self-consciously attempt to distance themselves.
- Finally, there are admirers of Mises, faithful disciples and propagators of his teaching.
Definition of propagator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan