noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- Each of two isomeric liquid alcohols used as solvents; propyl alcohol.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3CH2CH2OH ( 1-propanol, propan-1-ol) and CH3CH(OH)CH3 ( 2-propanol, propan-2-ol)
- The alcohols (eg, ethanol, methanol, propanol, and ethylene glycol) play a small role individually as fixatives but penetrate quickly and denature proteins by coagulation.
- In our previous work, we demonstrated that short-chain alcohols (methanol, ethanol, propanol, and butanol) can significantly decrease the elastic moduli and increase the area per molecule of fluid-phase PCs.
- Varying the environmental hydrophobicity with the solvents methanol, ethanol, propanol and butanol, a very low influence of environmental hydrophobicity on the spectral parameters of 2-5 was revealed.
More definitions of propanolDefinition of propanol in:
- The US English dictionary