noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A liquid alcohol which is used as a solvent, in antifreeze, and in the food, plastics, and perfume industries.
- Chemical formula: C3H6(OH)2: two isomers
More example sentences
- One solution has been the development of antifreezes that replace ethylene glycol with propylene glycol, a liquid that's nontoxic enough to be used as a sweetener in children's cough syrup.
- Instead, purchase animal-friendly antifreeze, which contains propylene glycol rather than ethylene glycol, the center says.
- Two of the coolants extensively used are ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.
Definition of propylene glycol in:
- The US English dictionary