noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An antigenic enzyme released in the prostate and found in abnormally high concentrations in the blood of men with prostate cancer.More example sentences
- Men middle-aged and older routinely get blood tests for prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, to screen for prostate cancer.
- The treatment also increases blood concentrations of prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, a marker associated with prostate cancer and prostate enlargement.
- In light of the urinary symptoms, he then had his blood tested for prostate-specific antigen, a protein elevated in prostate cancer.
More definitions of prostate-specific antigenDefinition of prostate-specific antigen in:
- The US English dictionary