- A bulb-like enlargement of the stem in many orchids, especially tropical and epiphytic ones.More example sentences
- Microstylis and its relatives, although often growing on the ground, have pseudobulbs (probably indicating epiphytic origins) and thus are really semi-terrestrial.
- All the species of Xylobium studied have plicate leaves and pseudobulbs round in section, multiflowered inflorescences with rewardless flowers, and Type 1 pollinaria with arcuate viscidia.
- The plants branch sympodially, producing large, flattened, bifoliate pseudobulbs and lateral, solitary flowers on long pedicels, numbering one to six per pseudobulb.
More definitions of pseudobulbDefinition of pseudobulb in:
- The US English dictionary