noun[mass noun] Biology
- Attempted copulation by a male insect with a flower (especially an orchid) that resembles the female, carrying pollen to it in the process.More example sentences
- Here we describe a new case of pollination by genitalic pseudocopulation in orchids, this time in the genus Lepanthes.
- The phenomenon of flowers pollinated by pseudocopulation has been very well documented for Afro-European and Australian terrestrial orchids.
- All previous reports of orchid pollination through pseudocopulation involve solitary wasps or bees.
More definitions of pseudocopulationDefinition of pseudocopulation in:
- The US English dictionary