Definition of psoriasis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A skin disease marked by red, itchy, scaly patches.
- Oral methotrexate tablets are commonly used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.
- You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.
- Topical corticosteroid creams and ointments are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Example sentences
- Six were treated for rheumatoid, three for Crohn's disease, one for psoriatic arthritis, one for dermatomyositis and one for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- The rapidity of the response to intravenous n - 3 lipids exceeds by orders of magnitude the hitherto reported kinetics of improvement of psoriatic lesions upon use of oral supplementation.
- Compared to unaffected skin, psoriatic plaques have been shown to contain decreased levels of cAMP and increased levels of cGMP, which may contribute to epidermal hyperproliferation.
Late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek psōriasis, from psōrian 'have an itch', from psōra 'itch'.
Words that rhyme with psoriasisarchdiocese, diocese, elephantiasis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.