noun[treated as singular]
- The science of measuring mental capacities and processes.More example sentences
- Although this was necessary, due to the lack of pre-existing measures in the field, these measures lack established psychometrics.
- As a particular discipline, psychometrics provides methodologies for constructing measurement tools and frameworks for testing whether such tools achieve expected objectives.
- ‘For a hundred years, psychometrics have done a great job of identifying high ability in many domains, but we haven't spent as much time identifying underlying mechanisms responsible for why people test this way,’ says O'Boyle.
More definitions of psychometricsDefinition of psychometrics in:
- The US English dictionary