- Relating to or denoting drugs that affect a person’s mental state: a psychotropic drug myristicin has psychotropic propertiesMore example sentences
- It now constitutes a criminal offense to supply a person with narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, or to incite other persons to use such drugs or substances, even when no material or personal benefit is intended.
- The use of psychotropic drugs complicates the ongoing assessment of mental status, can impair the patient's ability to understand or cooperate with treatment, and is associated with a greater incidence of falls.
- The immediate impact of psychotropic drugs on one's mental condition, for better or for worse, provides experimental proof for the relative materiality of our minds.
nounBack to top
- A psychotropic drug.More example sentences
- I favor legalization, and not just of pot but of all drugs, including heroin, cocaine, meth, psychotropics, mushrooms and LSD.
- In addition to marijuana, cocaine, and crack cocaine, the illicit drugs reported in the survey included hallucinogens, heroin, inhalants, and psychotropics.
- Back in Japan, Nakamura first heard of words like cocaine and psychotropics on television, and later she was impressed with a campaign against drug abuse that was started in her school.
More definitions of psychotropicDefinition of psychotropic in:
- The US English dictionary