Definition of pubescence in English:
1The time when puberty begins.
- Girls experience epiphyseal closure of long bones secondary to estrogen secretion, grow approximately two to eight inches in height, and gain 15 to 65 lb during pubescence.
- And all this ‘being acted upon’ and individual choice-making eventually, in pubescence and later, mysteriously results in differing sorts of desires and attractions and actions.
- Recently, I wondered aloud about the seemingly substantial number of Great Writers who suffered brothel-related misadventures/trauma in pubescence.
2 Botany & Zoology Soft down on the leaves and stems of plants or on various parts of animals, especially insects.
- This group is supported by the presence of sparse or early-deciduous stem pubescence and carnose leaves.
- Variation, particularly in leaf shape and pubescence, is considerable in the genus as a whole.
- He gave special attention to the pubescence of the leaves and of the calyces.
Words that rhyme with pubescenceacquiescence, adolescence, arborescence, coalescence, convalescence, deliquescence, effervescence, essence, evanescence, excrescence, florescence, fluorescence, incandescence, iridescence, juvenescence, luminescence, obsolescence, opalescence, phosphorescence, putrescence, quiescence, quintessence
Definition of pubescence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan