Definition of puce in English:
Of a dark red or purple-brown colour: his face was puce with rage and frustration
More example sentences
- She stood impassively on the shoreline in a very unflattering puce bikini that was five sizes too small for her.
- An oversized text with a puce cover, Blast's title was emblazoned diagonally across the cover in three-inch tall, bold, black type.
- Mrs. Mahathy's face turned a beautiful puce color and her finger rose shakily towards the door.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
A dark red or purple-brown colour.
- Admittedly there was no hint of green, or purple, or grey, or puce, or taupe, or beige, or whatever the hell other parties there are.
- The events occurring when they were reduced to 13 caused Gloucester's head coach to turn a darker shade of puce.
- Some of the parliamentarians turned puce with passion in their speeches, but they didn't seem to be hurling insults at each other or constantly trying to put each other down.
Words that rhyme with puceabstruse, abuse, adduce, Ballets Russes, Belarus, Bruce, burnous, caboose, charlotte russe, conduce, deduce, deuce, diffuse, douce, educe, excuse, goose, induce, introduce, juice, Larousse, loose, luce, misuse, moose, mousse, noose, obtuse, Palouse, produce, profuse, recluse, reduce, Rousse, seduce, sluice, Sousse, spruce, traduce, truce, use, vamoose, Zeus
Definition of puce in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.