Definition of pudding basin in English:
1A deep round bowl used for mixing and cooking steamed puddings.
- Line a pudding basin or individual ramekins with cling-film, and then line the mould with the soaked bread, ensuring there are no gaps.
- Line your pudding basin with slices of bread (white is best, I hate to say!) from which the crusts have been removed.
- Beat the egg with the syrup and milk, mix thoroughly, put in a greased pudding basin and steam for three hours.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting a hairstyle produced or seemingly produced by inverting a pudding basin on a person’s head and cutting away all the hair that sticks out under it: a pudding-basin haircut
More example sentences
- The physical makeover has replaced her pudding-basin haircut with soft layers and highlights, and her make-up is now professionally applied.
- The Deputy Prime Minister, sporting what looked like a recent pudding-basin haircut in honour of the Budget, looked on approvingly in his role as the Prime Minister's new best mate.
- Even her unfashionable pudding-basin bob has been transformed by Udo Walz, one of the country's best-known hairdressers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan