- 1(Of an employee) clock in or out.More example sentences
- He denied the charges, pointing out that he had spoken to his supervisor and punched the time clock.
- Generally speaking, workers didn't start punching the clock because they were forced to but because they wanted to.
- I've punched the clock from 9-5 for twenty-five years for the corporation.
- 1.1Be employed in a conventional job with regular hours: he punches the clock from nine to five and is happy with his jobMore example sentences
- At least McGillivary and Barnes punched the clock for a couple of years.
- My work schedule is very elastic; I don't have to go to meetings, I don't have to punch the clock, I don't have to have my butt in a chair between certain hours.
- But finally, I got away from punching the clock.
More definitions of punch the time clockDefinition of punch the time clock in:
- The US English dictionary