See parent entry: punch
Definition of punch the time clock in English:
1(Of an employee) clock in or out.
- He denied the charges, pointing out that he had spoken to his supervisor and punched the time clock.
- Generally speaking, workers didn't start punching the clock because they were forced to but because they wanted to.
- I've punched the clock from 9-5 for twenty-five years for the corporation.
1.1Be employed in a conventional job with regular hours: he punches the clock from nine to five and is happy with his job
More example sentences
- At least McGillivary and Barnes punched the clock for a couple of years.
- My work schedule is very elastic; I don't have to go to meetings, I don't have to punch the clock, I don't have to have my butt in a chair between certain hours.
- But finally, I got away from punching the clock.
Definition of punch the time clock in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India