Definition of purblind in English:
1.1Slow or unable to understand; dim-witted: something is fundamentally wrong, as even the most purblind apologists must surely come to recognize
More example sentences
- Othello, though decently acted by Keith David, needs to be of more heroic stature, more purblind nobility, and, eventually, of more pitiable, poetic grandeur than mere competence can summon.
- But the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the agency charged with safeguarding the nation's 103 reactors, remained strangely purblind to the threat.
- Even when you're a purblind dogmatist who wants to shut it down, I guess you've got to at least pay lip service to it, which explains the name.
- Example sentences
- The devastation of our merchant marine, predicted as long ago as 1905, has happened - not through war, but, rather, official purblindness.
- There are developmental problems: purblindness, other kinds of developmental problems.
- In exile, the dissident was not going to let such purblindness happen again.
Definition of purblind in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.