- A culture in which only one strain or clone is present.More example sentences
- Here, Koch perfected the technique of growing pure cultures of germs using a mix of potatoes and gelatine.
- Two-milliliter inoculates for the chemostats were prepared by mixing pure cultures in the appropriate proportions as determined by Klett readings.
- In 1885, Duclaux and Arloing demonstrated that sunlight had a direct killing effect on pure cultures of Tyrothrix scaber and Bacillus anthracis, respectively.
More definitions of pure cultureDefinition of pure culture in:
- The US English dictionary