noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An antibiotic used to treat sleeping sickness and amoebic dysentery.
More example sentences
- This antibiotic is produced by the bacterium Streptomyces alboniger
- Cells were exposed to the retrovirus for 24 hr, followed by media change and a 24-hr recovery period prior to selection of retroviral linked selection markers (neomycin, puromycin, or hygromycin).
- This was transfected with a transgene encoding resistance to puromycin, and a predominantly negative, puromycin-resistant colony was isolated.
- Determination of the puromycin dose: Puromycin was used at 100 g/ml on wild-type starved cultures.
More definitions of puromycinDefinition of puromycin in:
- The US English dictionary