Definition of pyelography in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
An X-ray technique for producing an image of the renal pelvis and urinary tract by the introduction of a radiopaque fluid. Also called urography.
- Intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.
- If necessary, intravenous pyelography, computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging can add more information.
- Intravenous pyelography and percutaneous nephrogram are useful in imaging GUTB.
- Example sentences
- This dosage level can be achieved by using ‘one shot’ intravenous pyelograms and substituting MRI for CT scanning.
- An intravenous pyelogram and a computed tomographic scan revealed a large, solid mass with a central, non-enhancing area.
- An intravenous pyelogram was obtained and revealed a 5-cm radiolucent filling defect of the bladder.
Definition of pyelography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan