noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless volatile liquid with an unpleasant odour, present in coal tar and used chiefly as a solvent.
More example sentences
- A heteroaromatic compound; chemical formula: C5H5N
- The folic acid pathway provides the essential precursor molecule, pyridine thymidylate, needed in DNA biosynthesis.
- The structure of niacinamide consists of a pyridine ring with an amide group in position three.
- This is a pyridine silver method described by Ranson in 1911 for impregnating unmyelinated nerve fibers.
More definitions of pyridineDefinition of pyridine in:
- The US English dictionary