noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- 1A colourless crystalline compound with basic properties.
More example sentences
- A heteroaromatic compound; chemical formula: C4H4N2
- Second, there is no branch in the pyrimidine synthesis pathway.
- The URA3 gene is essential for yeast pyrimidine biosynthesis.
- Our analyses also suggest that the utilization of products of de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis may differ between different cell types.
- 1.1 (also pyrimidine base) [count noun] A substituted derivative of pyrimidine, especially the bases thymine and cytosine present in DNA.More example sentences
- Both of these products involve dimerization of adjacent pyrimidines on the same DNA strand.
- Purines and pyrimidines are considered as complex molecules themselves because they are never synthesized as such in vivo.
- Some introns also have a sequence rich in pyrimidines that adds up to 10 additional bases at the 3’ end.
More definitions of pyrimidineDefinition of pyrimidine in:
- The US English dictionary