- Make or become decomposed through heating to a high temperature: one solution is to pyrolyse the waste [no object]: the surface layer of resin begins to pyrolyseMore example sentences
- It was found that the resorcinol-formaldehyde gels could be pyrolyzed to give aerogels of pure carbon.
- Both oil yield and styrene production decreased when pyrolyzed WEPS was repyrolyzed.
- Hydrocarbons within the formation may be pyrolyzed.
1920s: from pyrolysis, on the pattern of analyse.
More definitions of pyrolyseDefinition of pyrolyse in:
- The US English dictionary