Definition of python in English:
1A large heavy-bodied non-venomous snake occurring throughout the Old World tropics, killing prey by constriction and asphyxiation.
- Anacondas are related to boa constrictors and pythons.
- Non-venomous snakes like boas and pythons grab their prey and squeeze them to death.
- I used to keep pythons and boa constrictors years ago.
2 (Python) [mass noun] Computing A high-level general-purpose programming language.
- Use it to implement a parser for Python's expression syntax.
- In Python this is handled automatically via the module/import framework.
- This file is read and processed by a (mostly custom built) program written in the python language.
Definition of python in:
- US English dictionary