1 informal Short for:
- At the U, they make their way past the police lines towards some shrubbery on the quad.
- She will also represent her country in the quad.
- You have to look for ways to minimize hip action in order to focus completely on your quads.
1.2A quadruplet (child).
- You'll see what it's like in one household dealing with quads plus two older children.
- This lady needs a few of these new medals that are coming out for having two sets of quads.
- The return yesterday of the Murphy quads to the place of their birth was a momentous occasion.
- It does a great job working your lower body, hitting the quads, glutes, abductors and adductors.
- As you depress the pedals, you use your quads and hip flexors along with your calf muscles.
- We recommend a stance with your heels close together to better target your outer quads.
1.4A quad bike.
- He scoots me out the door and onto the vacant high-speed quad.
- Everyone is looking forward to the high-speed quad, though the resort has made no promises.
- We could not stop him riding his quad and we didn't want to.
- This means that a quadraphony transmission must be capable of reproduction through a stereo or monaural receiver.
2(In telephony) a group of four insulated conductors twisted together, usually forming two circuits.
Abbreviation of quadruplex, a telegraphic device invented by Thomas Edison, by means of which four messages could be sent simultaneously over one wire
- These units can contain one, two or eight LEDs, the duals and quads available in tower versions only.
4 informal A traditional four-wheeled roller skate.
- I have been skating on Ice, roller, quads, blades for over 20 years.
- Even then, quads aren't as fast as low cut inline speed skates.
- I'm sure the people kept wondering, ‘Why struggle with those blades when the quads are so much better?’
Quadruple or quadraphonic.
- Last year I landed my first quad toe loop.
- Kurt Browning had a quad toe loop when he turned pro.
- When I was 19 or 20, I learned the quad toe loop.
Words that rhyme with quadbod, clod, cod, god, hod, mod, nod, od, odd, plod, pod, prod, quod, scrod, shod, squad, tod, Todd, trod, wad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.