Definition of quad in English:
1 informal Short for:
- At the U, they make their way past the police lines towards some shrubbery on the quad.
- She will also represent her country in the quad.
- You have to look for ways to minimize hip action in order to focus completely on your quads.
1.2A quadruplet (child).
- You'll see what it's like in one household dealing with quads plus two older children.
- This lady needs a few of these new medals that are coming out for having two sets of quads.
- The return yesterday of the Murphy quads to the place of their birth was a momentous occasion.
- It does a great job working your lower body, hitting the quads, glutes, abductors and adductors.
- As you depress the pedals, you use your quads and hip flexors along with your calf muscles.
- We recommend a stance with your heels close together to better target your outer quads.
2(In telephony) a group of four insulated conductors twisted together, usually forming two circuits.
[abbreviation of quadruplex, a telegraphic device invented by Thomas Edison, by means of which four messages could be sent simultaneously over one wire]
- These units can contain one, two or eight LEDs, the duals and quads available in tower versions only.
4 informal A traditional four-wheeled roller skate.
- I have been skating on Ice, roller, quads, blades for over 20 years.
- Even then, quads aren't as fast as low cut inline speed skates.
- I'm sure the people kept wondering, ‘Why struggle with those blades when the quads are so much better?’
adjectiveinformal Back to top
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan