1Recurring every four years: the quadrennial world championships
More example sentences
- Leap years are quadrennial, like the Olympics or the World Cup.
- In the quadrennial election year 2000, the Democrats nominated President Clinton's vice-president, Albert Gore Jr.
- This year, the quadrennial tournament is back in the United States.
- Example sentences
- It was coordinated quadrennially with competitions in Varna, Moscow, and Helsinki.
- The first four documents are updated quadrennially, with the fifth being updated biennially.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: quad|ren¦nial
Definition of quadrennial in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.