- (Of a surface or curve) described by an equation of the second degree.More example sentences
- His doctorate was awarded by Leiden in 1870 for a dissertation Homography applied to the theory of quadric surfaces.
nounBack to top
- A quadric surface or curve.More example sentences
- His work in geometry included a study of conics, quadrics and projective geometry.
- The equation of the scroll of tangents of the common curve of two quadrics is due to Cayley in 1850.
- The book contains a wealth of information concerning the projective geometry of conics and quadrics.
mid 19th century: from Latin quadra 'square' + -ic.
More definitions of quadricDefinition of quadric in:
- The US English dictionary