noun (plural same)Anatomy
- The large muscle at the front of the thigh, which is divided into four distinct portions and acts to extend the leg: front squats place more emphasis on the quadricepsMore example sentences
- Bilateral thigh pain or weakness with atrophy of the iliopsoas, quadriceps, and adductor muscles also may be present.
- You also use lower-body muscles including your quadriceps, hip flexors and gluteus maximus.
- The deep branch innervates the quadriceps muscle, knee joint, and medial ligament.
mid 16th century: from Latin, literally 'four-headed'.
More definitions of quadricepsDefinition of quadriceps in:
- The US English dictionary