nounFinance , informal
Short for quantitative analyst. quants use computers to tell them what to buy and sell
More example sentences
- As one of Wall Street's leading quants, Derman did throw off some intense gamma radiation.
- Was it the quants who failed to imagine how big price distortions could get across all markets when liquidity evaporates?
- First, a few numbers for the quant lurking in all of us.
Words that rhyme with quantComte, conte, font, fount, pont, Vermont, want
A pole for propelling a barge or punt, especially one with a prong at the bottom to prevent it sinking into the mud.
- Punting technique: a punt pole is technically called a quant.
- Or use the quant, a long, very long, punting pole wielded against the soft mud of the bottom like a knight's lance.
- Thats when you take down the mast and use a long pole (or quant) to punt the boat under bridges, including the notoriously low medieval one at Potter Heigham.
Late Middle English: perhaps from Latin contus, from Greek kontos 'boat pole'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.