1Analysis of a situation or event, especially a financial market, by means of complex mathematical and statistical modelling: I did a lot of quantitative analysis early in my career, translating information into insight
More example sentences
- Economists will be disappointed by the absence of quantitative analysis.
- There are some tables showing trends in bankruptcy over time, but there is not extensive quantitative analysis.
- We often hear about the importance of picking a company by means of quantitative analysis, which evaluates balance sheets and numbers.
2 Chemistry Measurement of the quantities of particular constituents present in a substance.
- Molecular weight measurements are now routinely utilized in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of macromolecules.
- Most chemists were not concerned with this detail because during the first half of the eighteenth century chemistry was not concerned with quantitative analysis.
- The key to quantitative analysis of the composition of salt solutions is the solubility product of the salt, K sp.
Definition of quantitative analysis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.