noun[treated as singular]
- The comparative study of the frequency and distribution of words and syntactic structures in different texts.More example sentences
- He has published three books and more than thirty articles and chapters, focussing mainly on corpus linguistics, content analysis, and quantitative linguistics.
- The first plans for and work on a bibliography of quantitative linguistics began in 1981, under the pressure of the increasing interest in this area of research world-wide.
- In recent years, Quantitative Linguistics has undergone a rapid and promising development, with respect to both theory and application, and quantitative methods are constantly gaining importance in all branches of language and text research.
More definitions of quantitative linguisticsDefinition of quantitative linguistics in:
- The US English dictionary