noun[treated as singular]
- A quantum field theory that deals with the electromagnetic field and its interaction with electrically charged particles.More example sentences
- Further understanding led to the development of relativistic quantum field theory, beginning with quantum electrodynamics, or QED for short, pioneered by Feynman, Schwinger and Tomonaga in the 1940s.
- For this reason physicists sought the quantum theory of electromagnetism or quantum electrodynamics.
- How well verified is the theory of quantum electrodynamics?
More definitions of quantum electrodynamicsDefinition of quantum electrodynamics in:
- The US English dictionary